Building Better Solutions Together
Love What You Do!
Building Better Solutions Together
Since 1958, our dedicated team has served the earthmoving and pipeline industry. Our reputation of delivering successful projects from the first meeting to the final invoice, enriches the lives of our clients and employees. As a member of our team you can expect great rewards such as:
- Minimal travel – our projects are in the greater Sacramento region
- Great benefits & healthcare options
- Great team culture
- Growth & advancement opportunities
- Development training & mentorship
- A technology forward company
A Solid Foundation for Your Next Career
Freedom, Development, Leadership, Quality, Integrity and Relationships are not only the core values that have sustained our company for 60 years, but the words that drive our successful team. If you are a driven, results-oriented individual who shares these same values and is ready to excel in an environment where you are supported, rewarded and valued for your contributions to an established but growing company, read on!
To be effective, the Operations Manager needs analytical and business skills. One of their main objectives is to meet project budgets, so they must assess the operational and financial risks for proposed construction projects and help the company to select the most viable ones. The operations manager’s job is to design and execute construction strategies for various projects.
Job duties include:
- Provide leadership for the organization.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Develop and train the operations team in common practices and procedures.
- Promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Work with the executive management team to provide updates regarding annual targets and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- 10+ years of overall experience in Civil Construction
- 5+ years in a managerial or supervisory role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management preferred
We are looking for a Cost Engineer with 2-4 years of related experience to join our team. If you have a broad knowledge of construction processes and materials and technical knowledge of cost-estimating methods apply today.
Job duties include:
- Provide estimates, cost control strategies, cost forecasting and risk analysis for construction projects.
- Address issues pertaining to project cost control procedures.
- Conduct data and statistical analysis to measure quality checks ensuring profitability and adherence to business objectives.
- Analyze and Review project work breakdown structure (WBS) / cost breakdown structure (CBS), supporting PM.
- Participate in the development of project execution plans, estimates and studies within a project stage and for claims.
- Support PM to develop budget updating.
- Monitor costs for the project until completion.
- Collect and compile progress and cost data, and develop cost-control worksheets and reports for review.
- Review and report out on accounting financial data related to accruals, invoice payments, purchase orders and material deliveries.
- Assist and prepare cost performance management data; Provide interface to other functions and teams to improve processes, resolve conflicting priorities and ensure adherence to best project practices.
- Assist with vendor progress measurement, WBS, variation analysis, cash flow, and forecasting.
- Coordinate development of contract change order with PM for submission to owner.
The Project Manager role is critical to the successful and profitable completion of our construction projects while maintaining a safe and customer-centric environment.
- Cost understanding and field support experience.
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
- Lead estimating efforts to ensure an accurate and consistent bid-to-build process.
- Coordinate and manage teams to meet project schedules.
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency with bid review and closing, and evaluate project feasibility.
- Manage projects at established profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Compliance with all corporate initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Work with estimating team to develop a bid schedule and comprehensive plans for project start-up and successful kick-off.
- Strive to provide an environment where dynamic project communication occurs between all parties to ensure work is accomplished efficiently, profitably, and safely.
- Develop and maintain long-term partnerships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, and inspectors.
- Computer Skills.
- HCSS HeavyJob [exp. req.]
- Oracle P6 CPM Scheduling Software [minor exp.]
- Vista Accounting Software
- MS Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management (or related major) or a combination of education and hands-on work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the construction industry, ideally in civil construction
- Understanding of job cost forecasting methodology & troubleshooting.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling methodology.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. We like working fast, not driving fast!
- Must love a fun, fast-paced environment, plus a ton of great company swag!
OPERATORS & LABORERS
If you desire to be part of a growing team in a fast paced but rewarding work environment, put safety at the forefront of your daily work, and are part of the Union (Local 3 Operating Engineers or Laborers Local 185) we are looking for hard-working people to join our team.
Attention college students! We are always on the lookout for some eager students who want to grow and learn from some of the best in the industry.
If you are currently enrolled in a Junior College or University, studying Civil Engineering or Construction Management, we want to help you grow and evolve with real field experience and a paid internship.
- Learn to read and understand civil plans by working alongside the estimating department
- Assist with quantity takeoffs, as well as subcontractor and material quotes
- Learn the details of the estimating process and how to run bids
- Be a part of a great team in a fun culture!
Desire to work part-time while continuing with studies in the Fall & Spring semesters is preferred.
READY TO GET STARTED?
If you possess the above skills and qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you. Please fill in the following form:
Memberships, Associations & Certifications
We welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations and put our team to work for you.
Call today for a prompt, competitive bid.